The DefLander is based on the looks of a 1958 Series 2 Land Rover Defender, the dimensions come from the 2019 PRS and 2019 UK Hacky Racer Rules:
Physical design constraints
§ 1.4. Car Size of 2019 PRS Rules for the Terminally Humourless
- Each car shall not be longer than 62”
- Each car shall not be wider than 36”
- Each car, including the driver seated and dressed per the rules, shall not be taller than 72”
§ 1.4 Car Chassis of the UK Rules
- Each car shall not be longer than 1500mm
- Each car shall not be wider than 900mm
- Each car, including the driver seated and dressed per the rules, shall not be taller than 1800mm
§ 1.7 Motor Propulsion, § 1.8. Battery, § 1.13.6. Fuse
- Each motor must have a maximum RMS input voltage not greater than 48V from the motor controller.
- Each car shall have at least one battery with a nominal voltage less than or equal to 48V that supplies traction current to the controller and motor
- 48V = 30A (10S – 12S Lipo)
- Digikey #F7139-ND BF1 series
- 36V = 40A (8S – 9S Lipo)
- Digikey #F3089-ND MIDI series
- Digikey #F6792-ND BF1 series
§ 1.13.3. Brakes
- Brakes are required safety systems.
- Each car shall have mechanical brakes capable of stopping the car in full per Rule 188.8.131.52 (At the end of the hot lap, your car will have to come to a complete stop within 6m of when its transponder crossed the start/finish line.)
- Brakes that apply braking force directly to the tyre of a car are not allowed to be the only source of mechanical braking.
- Brakes that apply braking force to the ground are not allowed.
- Bob’s big CNC machine has a 4′ x 4′ (1200 x 1200 mm) cutting bed.
- Bob’s small CNC machine has a 300 x 300 mm cutting bed.